Quick Questions

From: Aaron Braun (zanphier@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 00:17:29 EDT

Quick Question the Dak Mini-Gods

1) I was wondering, what is the part number for the K&N Filter for the 3.9L?
I keep seeing the filters for 8's, none for the 6. Also how hard are the
filters to install, i.e. Are the instructions good enough for a Chevy owner
to install by himself? ;)

2) Was a tonneau cover ever found that can fit in the rails, allowing for a
rollbars, bed rails, etc?

3) My truck is having a hard time cranking it seems, it takes about 1sec or
2 then it rolls over and idles low before it forces itself to idle at about
800? Is that idle low for one, and what could be causing this? I have heard
suggestions it may be the alternator or a weak battery.

4) I seem to be getting a shudder periodically when I am breaking, and its a
noticeable shudder throughout the cab, but it isn't consistent enough to
take someone out and show them the problem. Suggestions?

5) Anyone know of a good reference for street legality issues for states?
I.E. What is allowed on your vehicles and what isn't? I am looking mainly
for Georgia, I don't want to pester the Deputy on duty at my family's bar ;)

And for everyone going, "Well what kinda Dak do you drive?": I drive a 1998
SLT Package V6 3.9L, extended cab, Bridgestone Duelars A/T (225/75R15), No
standing mods. The Filter starts the downward spiral of Dak Addiction ;)

Aaron Braun
ICQ = 6434279