RE: Re: Pinging problem with NX Kit solved.

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Oct 23 1999 - 22:45:58 EDT

Nope..4 degrees right from the start. Not good for performance, but the
Jet-Ii is back in and it seems to be compensating for that. There is a way
to set the initial retard to 0...but i'm still working on getting all of the
settings perfect. The extra 2 degrees is when the NOS solenoid
engages...don't think I need it...but what the hell. (Start from the
initial settings and play with it for a bit.)

BTW: I also downsized the Fuel Jet two steps and found it ran MUCH better.
(I kept getting a distinct fuel smell with the 38...it's now at 36.)

I was told by NX that the timing should be retarded about 4 degrees for the
150 shot so I may remove the 2 degree "pill" from the MSD box. I really
need a track and a weekend for all the testing. (The locals don't seem to
like my frontage road blasts too much.) ;)

All that put aside, it's still running much better now.

- Bernd