Re: new member, sort of- Transgo shift kits...

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 06:46:33 EDT

At 10:27 PM 10/25/99 -0400, you wrote:
>It's on the TB and is on the rear most part of the bracket, It can be
>adjusted (on mine) by pulling up the retaining clip and moving the cable one
>notch at a time inward until the overrev is eliminated. I noticed that on
>mine it still overrevs when the trans is cold but not when warm so I set
>mine up when it was warm.

Joe, do you mean moving the cable in the direction of the rad?

>Has anyone else noticed this with the transgo kit?

I experienced something like this last Sunday at the track for the first
time. There was a nasty, biting, cold crosswind. Temp. was 45F-52F but
don't know what the wind chill factor was. It happened on two runs
(1st and 7th). I manually shifted the 1/2 at about 4700 rpm under WOT
and it seemed to go into neutral. I've been trying to figure if it was
due to the Transgo or me not hitting the shift position dead-on?

The 2nd time was in round 2 of elimination and cost me a chance against
the Street class points leader ... had a better reaction time than she
did.

I talked to the tranny guy yesterday and he said that very minor adjustments
could be done to the valve body but, because of the electronic control,
not a whole lot. He suggested making a very small adjustment to the TV
cable ... moving it towards the rad in order to lower the shift point a bit.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 14.934 Trap speed: 90.78 mph