Re: MPI Manifold

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 06:46:19 EDT

At 10:06 PM 10/25/99 -0400, you wrote:
> <snip>
> That's why I am planning on putting together a kit to truely
>make this thing a bolt-on, as if you take the DIY route, there's
>a lot of running around to do before you can get 'er up and running.

Jon, any idea if this installation will pass a sniffer test?

> As far as wether its worth it or not, IMHO, absolutely. =)
>The manifold did take away some low end, (ok by me as I didn't mind
>a little less low-end to help in the traction department) but once the
>RPMs get up to about 3K or so, it pulls like nobody's business. My
>ETs dropped from 14.8s and 14.9s to 14.5s. My best time so far is a
>14.55@94.14, but I have run 14.55 on a run where I missed a shift, so
>its got more in it.

Is there a dual plane MPI? I think you have a single plane.

> Although I don't know for sure since I don't have any baseline
>dyno numbers, I suspect the intake was a major part of the reason
>my torque curve is so nice and flat. <snip>

Don't know what my torque curve looks like (no chasis dynos in S. Ont.
that I know of) but would love to have one that's nice and flat.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 14.934 Trap speed: 90.78 mph