Re: Body Repairs

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 13:15:37 EDT

<< well, i lent the dak to my brother and he sideswiped a pole in the alley
 near his house.

Live and learn. : (

 now i have a lovely new contour in the bed between the
 wheel and the cab. lovely.

Nice

 here's my question: when they repair something like this do they always
 use some kind of body filler or is there a way to repair the metal back
 to the original shape without any kind of goop?

It depends on the location and size,depth,ect of the "new contour".
If it is badly creased they will not only fill it with "bondo",they will
also drill it full of holes or weld little nails on it to pull it out.
Then weld and hammer on it some more.
Believe me,it's not pretty.Especially on a six month old truck.

i would hate to have to
 replace the bed,

See! Here's the good part. You make brother buy you a new bed.(period)

but the truck is only 6 months old. i've never really
 had any kind of accident before, so i a unfamiliar with how they do the
 repairs. any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

HTH

 thanks.

 jeff >>

I still have all color Daks.