Re: Re: RE: Fw: Catalytic converters

From: Jeff Schultz (chill@en.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 21:16:36 EDT

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Mark Campbell wrote:

> make me mad is when I get a new one on (next Monday), my performance gets
> worse. I asked the service dept., when they told me what it was, if I could
> get an aftermarket Random or something and they said it'd void my warrantee.
> So I'll be going from virtually straight pipe back to an OEM cat. :(

Acutally there are laws to stop them from doing this. It is illegal for
them to rufuse to service your truck just because you changed a part,
unless the part actually directly caused the problem. In this case,
obviously hacing a aftremarket cat would not be covered by your factory
waranty....

-Jeff
98 4x4 CC 318