Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ASP Pulley

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 17:26:28 EDT

It works. I've never ran it like that at the track, but I did try it at the
 house and drove around the block, with headlights even. No doubt the battery
would become discharged fairly quickly but she'll run (for a while). I didn't
try it at the track because everyone told me that it's not a good idea on a
computer controlled egine like our trucks. With all the cranking and waiting
in the staging lanes I felt the battery might drain too much with all the starts.
 And the current drop at high rpms *could* degrade performance (poor spark)
but you're right, it is an interesting idea. I wish someone would do some testing
and report back to us on it.

--Mike