Re: Re: Symptoms of Bown Intake Manifold gasket???

From: nosdakota (nosdakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 04:32:33 EDT

Considering where the gasket and sensor are the gasket would not cause oil
to be on the sensor. The oil you are getting on the sensor is probably from
the pcv system. the purpose of the system is to take any blowby (which tends
to take some crankcase oil with it) and recycle it so as not to let it out
to the atmosphere causing polution. You can probablt pull the hose off the
intake and see that the inside of it is coated with oil, especially with a
high milage motor. It's nothing to worry about unless you have oil puddles
sitting in the intake.
Joe W.
87 Shelby Charger 13.9
98 Dakota 13.1