Re: Symptoms of Bown Intake Manifold gasket???

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 01:08:57 EDT

When i took my IAT out. I noticed it was blackish filmed too. ya never
know.. darn dakotas!
-Dester

how much was the new IAT? or did you just take the other IAT out and put a
1/4" pipe plug nut into it?

<< Help me here DML members!

 I just got a new IAT sensor to play with at the track. I had to take the
 old one off to get it's part #. It was COVERED in a thick layer of burnt
 motor oil. Looked like carbon buildup. I have a distinct feeling that
 there isn't supposed to be any oil on the sensor. =( Which leads me to
 believe I have a blown intake manifold gasket. I also gets some pinging,
 but I have the MP SBEC and run 92/93 octane. Oh ya, truck is a 93 Dak V8.
 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 Thanks a bunch!

 Brian >>