Re: Rear Gears & what not

From: nosdakota (nosdakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 13:01:37 EDT

Well OD does alot. with my 4.11's I could easily hit my speed limiter and
only be turning 3800 rpm. so I think I can say that it would easily hit 130
without the computer's interference. My engine does not have a high redline
at all(4800). typically the type of sports cars you mentioned run a mild
rear and that is what allows for their high top end. that's why a viper
isn't particularly quick in the 1/4(yes I know it's fast but a car with that
much power running a different gear has the potential to be alot quicker)
Joe W.
87 Shelby Charger 13.9
98 Dakota 13.1