Re: Rear Gears & what not

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 10:29:14 EDT

Duff, most typical (i.e. crown vic's) have a top speed of about 135ish,
then there are the Z28's (which are capable of 160 in street trim).. From
personal experience, a '95 dakota with 3.90 gears and 31" tires a top speed
of "D" mph is attainable (automatic) but the amount of time required to go
from 110 to "D" (i figgure close to 130) it felt like I'd see armageddon
before it got that fast..

btw, I wasn't out to see how fast it'd go, I was chasin down a buddy of mine
that blew by me (no traffic, early morning, yadda yadda)
Jon Smith-Raleigh,NC-http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4
'95 318 auto CC 4x4: Accel Supercoil, JBA headers,
dual glasspack, 14x3 FABM, F&B Stage I TB, !EGR,
MSD 8.5's, self-moded intake, 180 degree thermo,
ASP crank pulley, 16" Hayden elec. fan, MP SBEC,
BEST: 0-60 in 6.3 & 1/4mi 15.5@87.5
207.2 RWHP, 276.2 RW ft/lbs
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ