RE: ..And More Ping Questions.

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Oct 30 1999 - 15:53:14 EDT

Take a deep breath...

A few things to try...(for testing purposes ONLY)

Remove the IAT Sensor from the intake manifold and just strap it to one of
the hoses right around it. (Put a 1/4NPT Plug in the hole that it came out
of.) This will tell you if your running too lean or not. (There's better
ways...but this is the easiest for the average home user.)

You are correct...you can't advance the timing since the computer will see
this and put it right back where it wants it. Yes, the aftermarket chips
advance the timing slightly for better performance (also increase the line
pressure on the Automatics as well, and change the fuel curve slightly).

As for the constant pinging...what has the dealership(s) done so far?
(Sorry for asking again...but lets see if we can come up with a solution on
it.)

- Bernd