Re: ..And More Ping Questions.

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Oct 30 1999 - 15:54:16 EDT

leaning could be caused by many things.. dirty injectors, clogged fuel
filter, all sorts of fun stuff which wouldn't be likely on a '99 model
truck... I know the colder thermo helped out my pinging, as did the elec.
fan and pulley, which just took load off the motor, thereby not making it
work as hard.

Has the dealer preformed the wire reroute tsb on your truck?
Jon Smith-Raleigh,NC-http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4
'95 318 auto CC 4x4: Accel Supercoil, JBA headers,
dual glasspack, 14x3 FABM, F&B Stage I TB, !EGR,
MSD 8.5's, self-moded intake, 180 degree thermo,
ASP crank pulley, 16" Hayden elec. fan, MP SBEC,
BEST: 0-60 in 6.3 & 1/4mi 15.4@88.95
207.2 RWHP, 276.2 RW ft/lbs
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ