..And More Ping Questions.

From: Erika Ipes (msbavior@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 30 1999 - 15:39:54 EDT

Ok, since I'm one who has a pinging truck I have a few questions. Keep in
mind I'm not the most mechanically knowledged person around. Now, if the
pinging in my truck is caused by a lean mixture...what might be causing the
mixture to run lean?

Second, I was told that I can't advance the timing in my truck because its
all computer controlled. I have a 99, so is this true, or is the dealership
feeding my another round of BS? Also, I was told I couldn't put a
performance computer in my truck because it WOULD advance the timing and
make my truck ping worse... ok gonna get some tylenol, I'm getting a
headache from all of this. I should have bought a Chevy.

One more, I have the V-6, whats the CI on it?

Erika
http://members.xoom.com/MsBavior/dakota
1999 CC SLT 4x4 V-6