Re: Who has the MPI single plane manifold?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 09:07:16 EST

At 09:59 PM 10/31/99 EST, you wrote:
> <snip> I would like to install the manifold (PN5249816??), cam
(PN5249549),
SBEC computer (unknown PN), and Mopar headers (PN4876901) all at the same
time.
>What are the complications that I have heard about??? I do NOT have A/C.
>Did I mention this is for a '99 R/T?

I can't speak about the MPI manifold (a few have done install and will
probably
respond).

For the MP cam, you should get the recommended MP valve springs and retainers
in order to run safely at the higher revs where the cam comes alive. If your
budget will take it, I would install a set of aftermarket roller rockers with
strengthen pushrods (your choice ... the MP rockers come with pushrods which
have the length to match the cam) and look into having a block filler for the
plenum while everything is opened up. I did the rockers but regret not doing
the block filler. Also, whenever you replace a cam, most engine builders will
recommend replacing the timing chain (did not know about this at the time ...
hope I don't regret it).

Hope this helps.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 14.934 Trap speed: 90.78 mph