Re: Re: its official. I own an R/T.

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 11:35:09 EST

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, nosdakota wrote:

> The guy says he has an R/T so you laugh at him? I think I've had enough of
> this list. Jon isn't there a rule about flaming?

   Yeah... :-)

   Lemme just chime in here to agree with those of you getting a bit
weary of this thread. Basically, we can argue until we're blue oval
in the face, but that's not gonna make a bit of difference. The only
thing that will solve this argument is the test of time. Currently,
there is a Dakota on the DragTruk page running 10.3's on the motor
alone, using an antique pushrod 340. Once you cammers get into that
territory, we'll know a lot more about what it takes to modify the
new engines, and we'll be able to compare the costs of taking a
pushrod vs a cammer to those kind of power levels. Now personally,
I have a feeling that, although the OHC engines may make more power
stock, the pushrod motors have more potential. (Mostly just because
they have a larger displacement to work with.) That's just my
personal opinion though, and because I can't prove or disprove it
either way, I'll just state it that one time and keep it to myself. :-)
   There are interesting parallels between the 5.2/4.7 and the Ferd
5.0/4.6, and we can probably take a few lessons from their experience,
but this being Mopar, most bets are probably off... ;-) If we must
discuss this though, I hope we can do so without stooping down to the
level of the recent Ranger war. :-) A Dak is a Dak, no matter what's
under the hood. Lets try to keep this family big and happy. :-)

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |