Re: Flathead 6 cylinder

From: Michael Carlson (dodgeman95@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 11:54:33 EST

Had something interesting come my way last night. A friend of mine who's a
mechanic gave me some info. about a couple of engines he came across.
The engine is the flathead 6 that Chrysler used to put in the Power Wagons.
Both engines are apparently in good shape.
The question- How much work would it take to swap one into a Dak?? I'm
thinking of piecing a truck together(buy frame, cab, nose, etc. and assemble
in a garage...).
I'm just looking for some feedback and tips. I've been told that this
engine produces more power than the current V-6 in the Dak. I'm thinking of
using this truck as a race truck/daily driver.
I'd appreciate any tips!!
Mike C.