Re: Re: DML Sticker

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 13:28:36 EST

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Bob wrote:
> Preacher wrote:
>
> > Well... on a similar sad note, I installed my stickers this morning... in
> > the process, the "G" from MAILING on the bottom of the large decal fell down
> > between the bed and the cab... stuck the the rubber there and was
> > unretrievable. I couldn't leave it like that so I tookthe rest of the
> > letters off the bottom, and added a "www.dakota-truck.net " sticker right
> > beneath it... doesn't look TOO bad.. <sigh> I should ave some pics up by the
> > end of the week.
>
> Hey Preach,
> Yea, I thought it was me. That bugger was hard to get off the paper.

  Bummer.. :-( You know, I'll bet its those fine lines coming back
to haunt us... If a decal has a lot of surface area, it should stick
to the tape fairly well, but I'll bet that with all of the fine lines
and such, it just has a hard time "holding on" to the tape. Going
over the decal with a credit card or something prior to trying to
remove the tape might help; I guess the best thing to do is to just
take it slow, and maybe use a razor blade, exacto knife or something
to pry parts subborn of the decal off the backing.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |