Re: RE: 318 Hop Up, Heads VS NOS

From: nosdakota (nosdakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 07:20:25 EST

While I do agree that either one will blow ( I've seen both make a mess out
of the track) I don't think using a top fuel making 6000hp is a good
example. alot of shit breaks when you push it that hard. I've seen blown
cars lean out at the top of the track and go boom and I've seen people hit
the N2O button instead of the purge button on the line( that's a pretty neat
noise btw) either way it was a matter of human error. The guy got greedy
with jets or pulleys and overestimated what the engine could do, or didn't
add enough fuel or didn't retard the timing enough............etc. Either
one can be done safely or either one can break. as long as you remember
EVERYTHING you can go real fast for a long time without breaking.
Joe W.
87 Shelby Charger 13.9
98 Dakota 13.1