Re: Hypertech PTM, Attn: Wesley Beck

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 07:32:40 EST

Wesley,

I installed the Hypertech Power Tuning Module (Computer) on October 15th.
This is in a '97 Dakota 5.2 Automatic.

The Truck runs great. Much better throttle response and torque. Seems to
climb RPM faster also. Fuel mileage has not suffered. In fact, it's almost
a mile per gallon better. I am pleased with the performance.

Water does not seem to bother it. I have washed the engine compartment
three times since installation with no problems. I cover the computer with
a towel and don't direct the high pressure spray directly at the unit.

I bought my Hypertech at Ramchargers in Roseville, Michigan.
The price was $300.

Problems: Use a 180 degree thermostat. It does not like a hot engine.
Use 93 octane fuel to control pre-ignition.
The unit will turn on the "check engine" light. Why, I don't know yet.
I have sent a e:mail to Hypertech asking this question but got no reply
yet. I have plugged in the stock computer to pull the codes but there were
no codes to pull. You can reset the "check engine" light by disconnecting
the negative side of the battery for a minute or so. Buy the light will
eventually
come back on again. The truck runs great with the light off or on. It makes
no
difference.

I guess I will eventually call Hypertech to see what I can find out.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan
drd892@aol.com