RE: IAT Sensor Mod

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 10:04:23 EST

It's easy.

(1) Remove the IAT sensor from your intake manifold (Brass Thing on the
passenger-side front of the intake manifold)
(2) Install a 1/4 Pipe Plug in the hole (Can be found at any Auto Parts
store)

** For Testing Purposes **
Strap the IAT sensor to one of the lines around it with a ZIP-Tie. (Be
careful not to break the plastic around the thermo-resistor on the sensor.)

(3) Drill/Cut a hole in the intake tube and mount the IAT sensor into the
hole. (Start with a smaller hole and size to fit.) Use some Black RTV to
seal the edges...and to help hold it in place.
(4) Reset your computer and drive it for about 40 miles to allow the
computer to adjust to the new settings.

Regards,

Bernd