Re: RE: leaking tranny

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 11:41:36 EST

Chris, Mobil1 75w90 is not the answer to that V6 tranny!
I know because I tried it in my '97 AX-15 Japanese 5 speed.

The symptoms are exactly like you are discribing. Hate to
say it but thats 1 of only 2 reasons why I traded in the V6.
The tranny was very chunky going from 1st to 2nd, especially
in the winter (worse w/Mobil1). After I drove it for a couple
of miles it warmed up and all was fine. I'll say your better
off using the fluid that was designed for it. Maybe someone
knows a synthetic you can use thats been tested since '94,
DML'ers?

I believe the fluid we discussed several weeks ago was
for the NV-3500 manual transmission. Its good fluid and
very expensive, $10.50 at the local dealer here. I think
its a lighter weight 75w85 "syncromesh" by Penzoil. Don't
know if it would be the fluid for you tranny tho.

GS -