Re: DC Misdiagnosis...

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 15:20:16 EST

Hey Shaun,
The 4.7 produces 295 ft-lbs compared to the 318's 300. That's pretty damn
good IMOH since t's giving up half a litre in size. These numbers are stock
so maybe you're talking about after modding you won't get as much torque.
But if you use your truck for "work" then you probably don't want to mod it
because you need the reliability.
I was a little worried about getting the new engine as well, mostly because
it is fairly new and i was positive that i could rely on it for "work". But
i got the stats on the 4.7, and it's lighter and more fuel efficient, and so
far it's been proved to be quicker.
So, please clarify what you mean by getting more torque out of a 318 than
you can out of the new 4.7.

Frank WJ