RE: Cat Converters (again)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 23:57:07 EST

If you're going to take it off...at least spend the money on a High-Flow
Cat. Not to be a "Tree-Hugger" in any way...but just because certain areas
don't require emissions testing, doesn't mean that you can just take the
stuff off.

I don't have emissions requirements either...but i'm NOT going to remove the
cat just because of that. I might replace it with something better though.
Just think of what might happen if you have to take your truck into the
dealer again and they note in the records that the cat has been removed.
(That's one easy way to void your emissions warranty. Aftermarket is one
thing...but blatant removal is another.) The electronics on your truck are
also covered under the same emissions warranty...hope that computer doesn't
go out after the cat has been removed...hate to see the cost on one of
those.

$0.02

- Bernd