Re: Re: RE: 318 Hop Up, Heads VS NOS

From: TEDSDAKOTA@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 18:49:08 EST

In a message dated 11/3/99 3:23:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

> That would be possible, but its actually more dangerous than having it
> come on only at full throttle. At anything less than full throttle (or
> darn close to full throttle), the computer isn't going to be providing the
> engine with as much fuel as the nitrous system "thinks" it is, and you
> run the risk of a lean-out. (The kiss of death when you're running
> nitrous.)

        It sounds to me that you want to up your HP all the time. Like
putting in a hemi or a 440. The super charger is more like this. I enjoy
total driveability of my truck whit a super charger. Its there all the time
and I get 4 - 5 mpg more. I'm not saying my 318 w/ SC is as strong as a hemi,
But its there all the time...from what I'm seeing I think its a safer and
less cumbersome mod...
        Just MY .02

                Ted O.