Fine rides wasRE: RE: Damn Texans!

From: Bob H (torch@triplet.net)
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 21:03:41 EST

At 02:39 PM 11/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
>The vette just hasn't lived up to what it once was.......fast! The past 5
>years of vette's have just been let downs:-(

 What it once was? Again, laughable and why waste my time trying to
convince you? C5 can out run a 427 mid-year, gets almost 30 mpg on the
highway, most comfortable trip car I have ever owned, and with less money
than a Viper, can be modified to blow a Viper away and still cruise. Get
real. Lingenfelter Twin Turbo 500hp+ is just one example.
 A enjoy all cars, if rich, would have a Viper, its like a 2 hour action
packed movie and that is about as long as I would like to ride in one! A
thrill, but on a trip, Vette would back out of the garage.
 The only thing I do not like about this list, the majority of you are
stuck on one make, man do you limit yourself on that. Anyone in here
appreciate the original supercar, that the Viper is one off of? Cobra from
the MAN Carroll Shelby.
 Send the flames, firesuit on and smiling with my Dak and Vette side by
side in the garage. They get along fine, why can't we? LOL

Bob
97 Corvette...thinking of a 01 Mallett 396 with 3.73 gears
99 Dodge Dakota CC 318...thinking of Hotchkiss Lowering kit and set of
17inch rims
Happy and contented and loving all nice rides of all makes!