Re: Too many batteries?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 10:01:56 EST

At 07:26 AM 11/4/99 -0600, you wrote:
> <s n i p>
>This is now the THIRD battery I've had to replace in the truck, in only
>67,000 miles! The (factory) original went south after only a year of driving
>highway miles, and the second one that just quit made it about 4 years. Now
>I'm on my third, and starting to wonder if this is a case of a bad string of
>batteries, or if anyone else out there has had the same problems?
>FYI - Up until recently, the truck (unfortunately) has never been garaged
>(my wife & I have always had an apartment), and when we got married we moved
>to Chicago, so it's been through 4 winters there, outside the whole time.
>Since we've been in Milwaukee, we've had it in underground parking now. Any
>input would be helpful!

4 months shy of 3 years and my battery has been aok. My truck is always
parked
outside. Believe it or not, I've read that heat is harder on batteries than
cold and, that, with the high temperatures under the hood nowadays, life
expectancy has been shortened. My experience only.

Maybe these Texans (what are they anyways?) can find the time to stop posting
about vettes, etc. and would care to contribute to how their batteries hold
up in their hear.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 14.934 Trap speed: 90.78 mph