Re: Re: RE: 318 Hop Up, Heads VS NOS

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 12:47:11 EST

In a message dated 11/3/99 4:52:14 PM Mountain Standard Time,
TEDSDAKOTA@aol.com writes:

<< It sounds to me that you want to up your HP all the time. Like
 putting in a hemi or a 440. The super charger is more like this. I enjoy
 total driveability of my truck whit a super charger. Its there all the time
 and I get 4 - 5 mpg more. I'm not saying my 318 w/ SC is as strong as a
hemi,
 But its there all the time...from what I'm seeing I think its a safer and
 less cumbersome mod...
         Just MY .02

                 Ted O. >>

Well I can't argue with that, but from what I have seen, the only
Superchargers for my Dakota are Centrifigul, not Roots style, The Centrifigul
style don't do much for low end, atleast that's what I have seen (Take
Truckin's Project Dakota (Long time ago) The supercharger barley help the
14/ Mi speeds. adn the Dyno test showed like 20 HP more above 3,500 RPM, and
that was wiht the Mopar Perf Engine stuff!!! I am confused as hell.
Greg