RE : Slight pinging.........

From: Mtbfed@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 06 1999 - 18:30:14 EST

> Mst29@aol.com wrote
>

>My truck pings only from 4000rpm and up , and very little at that. Its very
>minor.
>93 fixes it totally. You think the computer adjusted itself a little for my
>mods and raised the timing a little or something, or maybe the spark advance?
> Mike.T 98 CC 4x4 sport 318
>Leach Headers
>R+D TB
>Pacesetter Cat-back
>14x2.25 K+N

IMHO I think it has to do with your increased breathing capacity on the
intake
side,(R+D TB, K&N). This will increase cyl. pressure, especially in the upper
RPM's where the stock parts were the bottleneck. My truck does the same
since I put on a K&N cone. Have you tried colder plugs, or a 180* thermo.?
Just my 1/50 of a dollar ;-)

Marc Federici
99 SLT+ CC 5.2 5sp 4x2 3.55sg