Re: RE: Neutral drop= FRIED tranny? or other?

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 02:04:03 EST

In a message dated 11/07/1999 5:01:01 PM !!!First Boot!!!, bernd@texas.net
writes:

<< Seriously though, a neutral drop like that was just asking for it. Hope he
 isn't in too much trouble. :(

 - Bernd

Dude my buddy used to do that ( Neutral drops) in his pontiac grand prix
because the crappy 3.1 (old 91 or 92) didnt have any balls. He also put a
flowmaster muffler on it and ma=de it look like a nascar pontiac with all
the stickers and stuff. He even came by my work to get some 350ss fender
stickers. I told him he ruined a perfectly wonderfully designed vehicle. He
told me because of the muffler the dude that sold it to him at the old Super
Shops ( now out of bussiness) told him it will make him as fast as my z28 .
He couldnt burn out so he revved it to the limiter and dropped it in drive .
needless to say we ended up puting a new tranny in it 2 days later.
Rob