Re: Re[2]: -SS454 dude

From: Preacher (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 17:48:12 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Jack Yates <jack@blackdakrt.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 1999 2:01 PM
Subject: RE: Re[2]: DML: -SS454 dude
> Oh Ya, and whoever counted all the posters for
> the last couple weeks, you got WAY too much time on your hands ;-]

Too much time on my hands??? Well.... ok.. so what? ;-)

I DID finish a mod on the truck this weekend.

The club cab storage beneath the seat has been converted to a secure storage
area. I had a piece of 10gauge (about 1/8" thick) cold-rolled steel cut so
it sits down on the lip inside the compartment. I added a folding handle,
two cam locks (temporarily the cheap wafer locks but I have two keyed-alike
tubular style on order with hardened steel faces and collars) painted the
whole mess with a texured paint so it matches my nerfbars and bed (looks
like Linex). The slots I had to cut for the tailpiece of the cam locks were
minimal, and I reinforced those holes with steel braces. You would have to
take a BIG prybar or a high-speed cutting wheel to get in there now :-) It
will stop the smash and grab thieves from getting whatever I put in there
(weapons, ammo etc)

I'll put some pics up soon if anyone is interested... the whole mess ran me
about
$50.00 to build.

Preacher
99 5.2L CC 4x4 SLT+