Re: Dak Calendars

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 12:25:38 EST

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, SmokinDakota wrote:

> Alrighty everyone,
>
> Jon and I are working together to get the calendars out. So far we have
> around 30 orders, we need at least 100 for a good price. So if you are
> interested, please email Jon or myself.

     A few details still have to be hashed out, but here is
some additional info for those of you who are interested:

   This will be a DML calendar, so the proceeds will be funneled
into the DML coffers to help pay for ISP hosting costs and such.
The cover and pictures for each month will be full color. I haven't
seen the stock being used myself yet, but from what Steven has told
me, it sounds nice; good quality, and spiral bound.

   This truly is a DML calendar in the sense that the DML as a whole
will decide what it looks like. I will be accepting pictures from
anyone who wants to have their Dak considered for placement in the
calendar. (Most likely, I will request that the actual pictures be
sent via snail mail so that I can scan them in at the proper size and
resolution to minimize editing and maintain high quality.) Anyway,
once all of the pics are in (some sort of deadline will be set), I'll
put them up on a page and everyone will be able to vote for their
favorite pics. The top 12 or 13 pics will make it into the calendar.
I'll decide which pic should go with each month inside the calendar
itself, but it'll be up to the DML to choose the pics. (Although
I haven't decided yet, if we go with 13 pics, the most popular pic
will probably go on the cover. Otherwise, if we do 12, the cover
will probably be a collage of pics or something. On the one hand,
the cover is sort've a prestigious place, but on the other hand,
its only looked at for a couple of seconds, and gets hidden while
the other 12 pics get viewed for a month at a time... Anyone have
any opinions on that? If your Dak turned out to be the most
popular, would you prefer it be on the cover or on one of the
months?)

   Price is still up in the air, and as Steven mentioned, is very
dependent on quantity. It would be a big help if you could let me
know how many calendars you would be interested in ordering. As far
as price goes, to be on the safe side, you can probably assume that
they will be about $20. (Of course, the more we can order, the less
we have to charge to cover the costs.) If you could, please let me
know either via e-mail, or by using the form at this URL:

  http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/www/dakota/stuff/calendar

Thanks!!

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |