DON'T GET SCREWED BY MAIL ORDER PURCHASES!!!!!!

From: EWENN342@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 18:33:13 EST

Hello Fellow DMLER'S

I am getting RIPPED OFF by a mail order purchase I made and I want
to warn others so that it does not happen to them. A while back I ordered
a cone air-intake kit from a company called Ice-Man products "Knight
Engineering".
I was told that if I was not happy with the performance of their kit I could
return it
for a refund. Well I was not satisfied with the kit and when I called them
back they
were less than cooperative with me. Finally they agreed to let me send the
kit
back. However, I could not get them to issue the credit to my credit card.
I got the
run around from their office manager for more than 6 weeks.

Finally I wrote a letter to my visa credit card company (Capital One Visa) to
dispute
the charge. By this time I was past a 60 day window of legal action that my
credit
card company could take action and directly charge "Knight Engineering back".

What really upsets me is that I contacted my visa company prior to the 60 days
about this problem and they strongly reccommended I work it out with the
company.

Buyer Be Ware
1) Don't let a company bill you before they ship your merchandise.
2) Get a copy of their return policy in writing.
3) If you have any concerns about the companies promptness, contact in
writing
     your charge card company prior to 60 days of the date your card was
charged.
4) Don't be a paitent mister nice guy. Demand prompt response from the
Company.
     SOMETIMES NICE GUYES DO FINISH LAST

I got DOUBLE screwed, I not only lost money here, but I don't even have their
junky
kit in my possession either.

Please pass this message along to any other Clubs that might benefit from
this
information.