Re: Need more VELOCITY!!!!!!(slightly long.)

From: Bob King (k85go76@erols.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 20:06:14 EST

How big a diameter is the CAT back exhaust? If it is a humongous 3" then
you could get some back by going to a smaller diameter tubing (like 2.75");
but at the expense of a little top end. It nearly always seems to be a
trade-off. Extrude Hone is expensive (something like $650 for an intake
manifold) and for what you'd pay you might do well to consider and MPI (M1).
Again though, unless you have a dual plane M1 drilled out for injectors, the
standard single plane may cost additional bottom end. Of course, forced
induction would take care of alot of this problem, but that's a whole
different ballgame ($$$$). Then there's the cam?!! Talk to a good cam guy
and he (or she) my advise a special grind to take care of the bottom end or
at least tell you to put the cam in a few dregrees in advance of TDC to
hopefully give you efficiency benefits lower in the rpm curve.
 This is something I have to think about when I put my MPI single plane on a
reworked 5.9L. Good luck!

Bob King
Pennsville, NJ