Re: Re: Ouch (me) OUCH!! (Dak)

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 01:18:04 EST

That's what you get for being honest! A few years ago, I ran my bicycle into a car (legally her fault, since she had a stop sign and I didn't) I was too dazed to ask for her name and phone #, but she offered them and I took them. WELL....
Smashed another $30 bike helmet, bent the frame, lost my job because I couldn't work with a separated shoulder (that really hurts if you're wondering) Found out the name and phone # she gave me were fake. I decided that I would file the accident report, since she was breaking the law by not doing so, maybe they'd do something...
Insisted on sending the officers to my home to take the report; they obviously didn't want to be there, and ignored most of what I said.
The only comfort I had was knowing that somewhere in the city was a white Jap sedan with a dent the shape of my shoulder in the passenger door.
So,the moral of this is, if you'd just kept your mouth shut you'd probably be fine!
Flip