Re: Ouch (me) OUCH!! (Dak)

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 20:01:19 EST

MrDakota95 wrote...

>Mine was Saturday,a kid on a BMX bike blows a stop sign on a bike path
comes
>into the street and hits my Dak, Kid has no brakes on his bike did'nt do
any
>damage to my Dak screwed his bike up a little, I get out the kids ok
scraped
>up a little and scared he says he's alright and just heads for home. I call
>the cops when i get home
>and they tell me to come down to pick up an accident report i get there
they
>tell me the mother filed a report and i'm ticketed for leaving the scene.
Now
>I gotta spend 600.00 for an attorney to beat a 150.00 ticket so I don't get
>my license suspended
>for an accident I did'nt cause. Cops and the Iowa DOT have no sense of
right
>and wrong.

Maybe they should give the kid a ticket for leaving the scene (probably
won't work since he's a minor). Better yet, threaten to sue the mother for
letting her kid out on a dangerous bike if she doesn't drop the charges.....
If she presses, sue her for lawyer/court costs.... Did the kid get a ticket
for blowing the Stop Sign?