Re: Anyone have a Magnum Performance TB??

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 16:47:04 EST

At 03:54 PM 11/12/99 EST, you wrote:
> <snip> He told me he could get 35-40 just by working my TB
>alone, and it would run me about the full grand. Maybe it's just me,
>but isn't 35-40 out of a TB alone kind of optimistic??

The F&B Stage I on my 318 improved my ET by about 2.5-3.0 tenths of a
second in combination with previous mods. That approximates to about
25-30 hp gain using the usual rule-of-thumb projection.

I can't speak personally about Jules' products but, from what I've
read, he does put out some quality products based on a lot of know-how
... 35-40 could be possible, I guess.

>And to pay a grand for it...is even more outrageous. <snip>

Yup, a grand U.S. (about $1500 CDN) is a lot of money for a ported tb
but it depends on how confident that it'll deliver the extra 35-40
and how badly you want it. Just my 2 CDN cents (a little over 1
U.S. cents).

You might want to consider other ported tbs and use the remaining
$600-700 to buy a MPI intake manifold and DML MPI install kit (soon,
I hope) or have your intake manifold modified.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.