Re: fog light info help...FINALLY GOT EM'

From: DroolArt (DroolArt@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 21:15:06 EST

cnnbcbs@juno.com wrote:
> The package came with a bracket, but If i mount the bracket near the hole
> and use the supplied screws,
> I would go right through the facias and go through the other side, and
> that would look VERY UGLY! Also, there's not much space to screw in the
> bracket from above. How would I go about securing it to the hole?I've
> though about adhesive, but I dont think that would be enough to hold it
> in place.

I jsut looked at the factory ones on mine. It appears that the bracket
is
bolted to the backside of the bumper. Tehre are also two screws on
either
side of the light which I assume are for aiming.

> The installation instructions say to put a wire "through the fire wall",
> and I don't want to do that. Would going through the drivers side door be
> a better (and safer) option?

I always run wires thru the drivers side door panel, then up the kick
panel
if it's going to the dash, or under the trim strip that runs along the
bottom
of the door if I'm headed for the trunk. If you do drill a hole in the
firewall
use some windshiled sealant (the tar like stuff can't remember the name
of it)
probably want to use a gromit on the hole to so you don't fray the wire.

BTW, I'm new here name is Sean I drive a 99 Sport CC V6

--
Droolart@earthlink.net	            sean.mckeever@bankofamerica.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~droolart	                  #25206498