good news/bad news

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 22:55:11 EST

Well, I went to the fall truck workshop at my dealership last night. This one was mostly geared towards diesels (Cummins guys were there), but I can use all the info I can get. First of all, those mechanics have WAY better toys than mine, and I'm jealous. I especially liked the laser heat sensor (maybe cause they let us play with it).
Since I was around, I decided to talk to the mechanic with 30+ years experience on Dodge vehicles, and ask him about the pinging some DMLers are experiencing. (Erika) I thought he might have some miracle cure noone knows about. No. They just ping. He seemed fairly disgusted with that fact, but had no answers.
On the plus side, I asked him if the 4.7 was going to have a similar problem, and he said "No! That's a GREAT engine!" Said he knew someone who had one in a Jeep that they flogged mercilessly for 70,000 miles, and it was still like new.
(oh- to the guy with the bad tranny. You have terrible luck! the dealership tranny guy said he almost NEVER sees broken trannies unless they were run too low on fluid)
Flip

http://www.care2.com - The Best of The Internet...With A Green Twist!