Re: good news/bad news

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Sat Nov 13 1999 - 13:18:41 EST

To all those who decried the advent of the 4.7, this may be an
indication of why they had to spend millions$$$ to replace the 5.2
with the 4.7. Believe me, if they could just keep on cranking out
5.2's they would. The conflicting requirements of power, fuel economy
and low emissions are beyond what the 5.2 was originally designed(and
redesigned) for. They needed a clean sheet engine.
Don't despair guys, there's alot of ponies hidden in that engine.I
think that when they first put the 5.2 in the Dak it only put out 185
hp. .
Dr. Pat