Re: Re: M1 dyno verified Hp #s on a 360& observations(rev limiter)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Nov 13 1999 - 15:23:30 EST

At 11:43 AM 11/13/99 EST, you wrote:
>That doesnt make your gauges non functional? I had heard
>that they wouldnt work if you put a '96 on there. Bill

The instrument gauges do not work when you use the '96 MP PCM
in the '97 truck. Basically, the sensors were wired directly
to the dash in the '96 trucks while, for the most part, the
sensors' signals are sent to the computer then sent via a
data bus to another computer in the dash, and then by a
data bus to the instrument panel in the '97+s.

The advance timing, different air/fuel ratio map, speed limiter
removal and raised rev limited do work.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.