funny story

From: Densteadt, James (james.densteadt@eds.com)
Date: Sun Nov 14 1999 - 11:47:09 EST

OK....so I'm in Chicago for the weekend. I'm originally from Pontiac,
Michigan. It's Saturday night and we're headed back to our hotel. Streets
are pretty bare being around 2AM. There's more taxi cabs and cop cars in
that town than I ever imagined existed. Anyway......I pull up to a light
and next to me pulls up a cop car. Two police officers.....looking at the
Dak R/T. First I think...great....I might as well pull over now so they
don't have to follow me six blocks then pull me over...like certain Michigan
cops!! Light turns green and he stays right next to me! Next thing I know
he's smiling and trying to get me to punch it....so I figured......what the
hell....I've never raced a cop before....hehe!!! So I punch it from a 15
roll and he hits it too! He stayed right at my rear bumper, but I decided
I'd stop at 55....speed limit being 35! He blows by me and cuts across into
the turn lane and off he goes! Is that crazy or what! I was laughing my
a@# off the whole time not believing it was happening....oh well.....here's
to Chicago police!