roll-tops/bedliners/feedback on membership

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 21:16:37 EST

I had a few quick comments I wanted to share.
  We've been discussing the merits of our list and how productive we
think the DML. Norah and Jason met through this, many friends have
joined up to do group outings and go to dragstrips. I think many people
have seamed the DML into their lives as a positive aspect. I know I
enjoy coming home and loading up the e-mail for 1/ 2 hour of reading,
seeing who responded to my posts or answered my questions, etc.
  For example, I've been seriously considering the spray-in
bedliner/roll-top setup that someone else asked about today. When I
posted question about it, Kevin and Russ were quick to volunteer their
information about pros/cons, cost, suppliers, etc. I pulled from others
experience to help me make an informed decision, which is a benefit we
all can share on the DML. Russ even said he would snap some shots of
the details of his roll-top so I can better plan the liner, which now is
going up and beyond the normal call. Things like this impress me, and
it says a lot about the quality of people we have in the Dakota owners
here.
  Not wanting to get soggy, I just want to say thanks to those that
take the time to help me and others, whether it's a quick answer or
something more involved. What goes around, comes around, and maybe
it'll come back to help you in the future.
  As to the roll-top/bedliner, etc. I decided to try my hand at the
Herculiner bedliner kit. I purchased it at K-Mart for $100. Spent
another $25 on Xylene, 3m scuff pads, etc. I have gotten the bed of the
truck completely scuffed, and I'm waiting for a day when i get off of
work early so I can put it on...I'll be ordering the Roll-top from
Pace-Edwards or another supplier this weekend, and I requested info for
me/Firestone to be an authorized Dealer here in Maryland. I'm waiting
for the paperwork to come...
  Patrick
Firestone in Edgewood (was Baltimore, now 15 miles north!)