Re: Re: DML Digest V4 #1182

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 17:12:56 EST

> bugnik@yahoo.com wrote:
> GS
> I am interested in your details about the install. I'm
> thinking about getting these fans. What all did you
> have to fabricate? Thanks.
>
> =====
> Phil
> Havana IL
> 98 CC 318 Auto
> _________________

I've had a few DML'ers ask me about this so I'll
try to post some details soon. BTW, it took me
2 days to install this, so there are a lot of
details. I've just emailed John Mckinney some
general info on the fans - Flex-a-lite 210/220
dual 12s and the Flex 150 single to compare
performance and size. The 220 will fit flush
to the radiator with a little work. Something
else, If you've been using the Hayden control
unit #3647 it will work with the flex 220. I'm
using it now and I like it. Let me say here,
there is a mild distinct vibration with these
fans. Nothing terrible, its just there. Thats
why I was comparing the 150 black magic. This
may be a slightly easier fan to mount, but I
have no experience with this fan. The big
difference is the dual fans covers an area of
24 inches compared to 15 inches and I guess
a mild vibration is the tradeoff. Anyone with
the Haydens (3710s)have any vibrations?

GS -