Re: Anti-Lock light stays on

From: Crawdaddy (lilblakv8dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 01:31:02 EST

hey, I had a 90.. and mine came on after numerous
180's initiated by hitting the parking brake on dirt
roads! Mine seemed to go off whenever I disconnected
the battery, but would always come back on with a
power slide! actually, the way I fixed it was buy
going to the tool box, grabing a role of elect tape
and covering it up! work great and didn't cost a
dime.

In the 8 years I had the truck, I never had any brake
failure or problems, so I just ignored it.

that's all I got to say about that, hope it helps

<><><><><><><><>

Well, I got two whole responses to my posting, and
they really weren't
very
helpful. Isn't there anybody on this list who has an
early 1990's
Dakota
and who knows anything about the brakes on it?

I do not have full antilock brakes, but I think I
probably have
rear-only
antilock. There are no speed sensors on the wheels. It
doesn't have a
hydraulic unit. If it has a control computer I don't
know where it is.
All it has is a gizmo near the rear axle, with four
wires coming out of
it
and two wires coming out of the differential. The rear
brake line runs
into
and out of this unit.

What I want to know is how does this thing work and
what can I do to
troubleshoot it?

The symptom is that the AntiLock dashboard light stays
on. I know it is
not the emergency brake or the differential pressure
switch that is
making
it stay on. Also there are no fault codes on the check
engine light.

Surely somebody on this list knows about these things.

=====
Geoffrey Gaskin Swartz, Louisiana
LilBlakV8Dak@yahoo.com or Crawdaddy@colla.com
UIN # 2325710 (ICQ) <><><> yahoo messenger fast_98_mopar
http://www.geocities.com/lilblakv8dak
1998 RC Black Sport V8 auto 3.55 Stockland cover Flowmaster,
255/60/15, K&N Gen II clone 15.46@93.1 198hp 7.81 0-60 G-tech