Re: Anti-Lock light stays on

From: Lynne M. Ellsworth (lellsworth@whoi.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 06:29:03 EST

Crawdaddy wrote:

> hey, I had a 90.. and mine came on after numerous
> 180's initiated by hitting the parking brake on dirt
> roads! Mine seemed to go off whenever I disconnected
> the battery, but would always come back on with a
> power slide! actually, the way I fixed it was buy
> going to the tool box, grabing a role of elect tape
> and covering it up! work great and didn't cost a
> dime.
>
> In the 8 years I had the truck, I never had any brake
> failure or problems, so I just ignored it.
>
> that's all I got to say about that, hope it helps
> Also there are no fault codes on the check
> engine light.
>
> Surely somebody on this list knows about these things.
>
> I got the manual for 94 says you get trouble codes (rear
wheel anti lock) by grounding the diagnostic connector will
result in flash codes (of the amber ABS light). TRicky part
is the getting to the control module. I understand it is
pass side cowl area under the dash panel. Have not seen it
in person. Once you get the code number call back.
Remember this is for 94 but may be usefull/useless.
We can try.