Anti-Lock light stays on

From: John Dudeck (jdudeck@zenia.simcsg.sim.org)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 20:03:40 EST

I have a 1990 Dakota that I bought used, and lately the brake and
anti-lock dashboard lights
have been staying on. I put on new rear brake shoes and cylinders and
replaced the front right
brake hose which was getting frayed. I bled the lines several times and
am sure there is no air
or leaks.

But the dash lights stay on.

I have searched the web and the public library for any info on Dakota
brakes, and have found
almost nothing. My Chilton passenger auto manual shows a diagram of the
differential valve that
goes between the master cylinder and the lines to the wheels. But there
is another valve cylinder
gizmo above the rear axle on the frame. It has a brake line going in and
out, and four wires. There
are also two wires going to the differential housing. I wonder if I have
rear-wheel anti-lock brakes?

Does anybody on this list know anything about rear wheel only anti-lock?
What would make the
dash light stay on?

Please E-Mail me a copy of your answers. This list is so voluminous I
may not have time to wade
through it for the answers!

--
John Dudeck