Re: Anti-Lock light stays on

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 01:58:08 EST

lilblakv8dak@yahoo.com writes:

<< do not have full antilock brakes, but I think I
 probably have
 rear-only
 antilock. There are no speed sensors on the wheels. It
 doesn't have a
 hydraulic unit. If it has a control computer I >>

Even if the anti lock system doesnt work at all the brakes still will work.
all the ABS system does is not let the brakes lock up. the brakes will work
even if you rip out the ABS system. The only time the brakes will fail is if
you add power steering fluid to the brake master cilinder ( ive seen it done)
or if a hose leaks or a mechanical problem with the Brake system. But the ABS
should be fixed if you can
Rob