Re: Underdrive pulleys attn Jon was Re: RE: V-6 mods

From: Neal Arita (neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 11:51:12 EST

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 23:47:23 -0800
From: Ed Estoppey <98dakota@home.com <mailto:98dakota@home.com> >
Subject: Re: Underdrive pulleys attn Jon was Re: DML: RE: V-6
mods

with the asp pulleys, i had to buy a aftermarket (not mopar) waterpump,
for my 3.9, i have a 98 v6 and the waterpump pulley is pressed on, where
as if you went out and bought a replacement waterpump from mopar, it
would come with a pulley . what i had to do was go to napa and order a
water pump for a 92 3.9 (3.9, 5.2, &5.9 use the same WP), this
aftermarket pump didnt come with a pulley, but it had a plate with screw
holes so you could attach the underdrive pulley to it.
<snip>
That's strange, My '97 5.2 had a bolt-on pulley on the water pump. It
was not Pressed on.
Although I did not put on the ASP, I did install the JET Pulley set.
The JET seems to work well.
I run at about 11 volts on idle.
How is the ASP?
If my calculations are correct, the alt runs 50% from stock and the
water pump 60% from stock
with the crank pulley reduced, a/c and power steering would be about 80%
from stock.

I'm looking to install electric fan. Would this be wise with the
reduced voltage on idle?

I'll be waiting for a reply (there's no elitist's here in Hawaii)

Neal - from Hawaii