Re: Underdrive pulleys attn Jon was Re: RE: V-6 mods

From: Ed Estoppey (98dakota@home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 02:29:47 EST

> How is the ASP?
> If my calculations are correct, the alt runs 50% from stock and the
> water pump 60% from stock
> with the crank pulley reduced, a/c and power steering would be about 80%
> from stock.

i hate the alt pulley, i do mostly city driving and the alt dont charge
when its ideling less than 1000rpms, other than that the pulleys saved me a
couple of 10ths on the quarter mile

> I'm looking to install electric fan. Would this be wise with the
> reduced voltage on idle?

i dont see why not, im gonna put my oem alt pulley back on and use a shorter
belt (if i figure out the size), and just use the crank and WP pulley.. i
want to install an electric fan also

> I'll be waiting for a reply (there's no elitist's here in Hawaii)
>
> Neal - from Hawaii

Ed - from Ontario

--
Visit my Webpage @